Monday, October 17, 2016

The Quest for a Vectorized Image

In order to generate some (brief) new content for my blog, I'm posting here my first attempt at vectorizing an image. This is a process where an image is generated  by math, instead of from fixed pixels, the benefit being the vector is infinitely scalable without getting pixelated like typical .jpeg and .png files will when resized. I used the program Inkscape, which is free and open source. According to the little bit of research I did, my preferred image manipulation software GIMP doesn't do vectors easily. So without further ado, here's my sweet new vectorized Lake Sturgeon!



I'm definitely a fan of the color scheme, but there's a lot of lost definition in the tail, scutes, and barbels. So I'll need to keep tweaking it to get an image that I can use in presentations, but I'm proud of this first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment